Koraku - Little Tokyo - Vegas and Food

May 18, 2007

Koraku - Little Tokyo

 

Koraku in Little Tokyo, Los Angeles. This place is not crowded at all like Daikokuya. So you don't have to worry about waiting outside.
I ordered shio ramen and half size fried rice combination, $8.75.
Ramen was just OK, but rice was good. Gyoza was delicious but greasy. We both liked tenshin chahan ankake. Chahan means fried rice, ankake means gravy on top. So I don't recommend to order ramen here but order something with rice. They have total 93 things on the menu plus some more menu on board on the wall.
I didn't like chashu pork, and I also didn't like pork in fried rice. Maybe they are using low quality pork? I'm not sure why but it tasted weird to me.

And don't forget to bring cash. This place accepts CASH ONLY.

Gyoza $4.25













Fried Rice (half)













Shio Ramen ($6.95, combination with fried rice is $8.75)
2pc, chashu pork, bean sprouts, green onion and bamboo shoot in clear soup
I actually hated their chashu pork. It had no taste, tasted like pork soaked in water for a while. So far, the best chashu I think is at Ramen Nippon.













soup (comes with tenshin chahan)














Tenshin Chahan Ankake $8.75
Shrimp omelette with gravy on pork fried rice
*recommended















































Koraku
314 E 2nd St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 687-4972

Mon-Sat 11:00 a.m.-3:00 a.m.
Sun 11:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.

No comments:
Write comments