Caesars Palace - Nero's 2008 - Vegas and Food

Jun 16, 2009

Caesars Palace - Nero's 2008

 

Our second time at Nero's at Caesars Palace. We really liked the first time we visited here back in 2007. This was on Christmas Day, so they had a special menu. I ordered NY strip, my husband ordered from the Christmas menu: crab salad, duck, and dessert.

CLICK HERE for pics from 2007.
















lobster bisque $14













NY strip (16oz) $49 + sauce $3













I never had New York Strip before. I always order filet mignon or rib-eye so I decided to order this. My husband told me that this is the basic steak you can get. Also it's tougher than other meat. I figured this is probably a good place to order steak. They probably cook it right. But unfortunately the steak was too tough for me, and I didn't like it at all. I'm never gonna eat this steak again. At least I learned that.


























roasted potatoes $9













Of course, you can't see this purple color while you are eating, since the restaurant is pretty dark. Potatoes were tasty.













Alaskan king crab salad $19
Marinated daikon, pineapple jus, vanilla oil













Absolutely delicious!! Tasty. Can you see vanilla beans in the oil!?













Long Island Duck "2 ways" $39
Seared breast and confit of leg, braised endive, fried polenta, orange-coriander sauce













The duck was just OK.


























Chocolate, custard, and apple $7 (?)
pistachio biscuit, light chocolate mousse













Mini apple. The smallest apple I've ever seen. This was the size of a cherry. At first we couldn't tell what this was, because it looks like a cherry but it doesn't taste like a cherry. It was very good.













Rich chocolate mousse













Nero's menu.This was taken in December 2008.
* Wow, prices went really up since 2007.













dessert menu



















Rating (food): 3 / 5 (based on this trip)
Rating (service): 5 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Reservations: (877) 346-4642
Hours: Daily, 5 - 11pm

WEBSITE

Yelp

Neros (Caesars Palace) on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments