Shanghai Palace - Torrance, CA - Vegas and Food

Jan 14, 2010

Shanghai Palace - Torrance, CA

 

After reading so many good reviews about this place on Yelp, we just had to try it. We've been looking for good Xiao Long Bao, and this was one of the places that has it.

We weren't sure what to order, so we just ordered without knowing what we were exactly getting. That was wrong idea, I think. As I didn't like most of the food at all.














Complimentary pickled celery and tea. It was very tasty even though I don't like celery. By the way, you might notice, when you go to Asian restaurants, they never serve you tea and water together. Why? Because we always say you shouldn't have hot and cold together. My mom said the same thing and the reason was it's not good for your stomach. It causes you a stomach ache. Or it could be bad luck? I don't know the truth.













Xiao Long Bao (12) $7.90
There are only 6, but they brought us 6 more after we finished eating. They were good. We couldn't stop eating it.













Lions Head. It's big meatballs. Unfortunately, I didn't like it at all. It was greasy, and middle of the meatball was pink, which we don't like.


























This was like deep-fried tofu skin with ground meat inside. But I'm not sure.
This dish also wasn't my favorite.













Rice was $1.60 extra. Look how big meatball is.













Complimentary dessert soup. This was actually the best of all. It's sweet and cleans my mouth. It's like red bean soup with tapioca in it. If you know the name of this, please let me know.


























bill.
















Rating (food): 3 / 5
Rating (service): 3 / 5

Repeat: Maybe


2880 Pacific Coast Hwy
Torrance, CA 90505
(310) 539-1838

Mon-Sun. 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mon-Sun. 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.


http://www.yelp.com/biz/shanghai-palace-restaurant-torrance


Shanghai Palace on Urbanspoon







にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ

人気ブログランキングへ

2 comments:
Write comments