2010 Holiday Charity Festival in Koreatown - Vegas and Food

Dec 18, 2010

2010 Holiday Charity Festival in Koreatown

 

Pics from KAVC 2010 event in Koreatown. I was at VisitKoreatown.org booth on both Saturday and Sunday. I went to see some of the shops on Sunday, and I couldn't believe how everything was so cheap. I bought really nice formal dress for only $5, also casual dress for $1 each, Hollister skirt for $3, and also some tops (forever 21) and skirts, my total was under $20, including dress. Unbelievable.


Here's the link for Korean rapper singing:
http://www.twitvid.com/AFIXR




































































VisitKoreatown.org booth













free cake




























Ahn-Joo food truck


























Bacon coffee cupcake $3













When I saw this Bacon coffee cupcake on the menu, I just had to try it. It was a hot day, coffee frosting was start melting, and I saw bacon grease on the bottom. It wasn't bad at all, in fact, I'd buy it again.













Almoosal, brand new food truck













menu


















Daing Balls $3 (5 balls on skewers)
skewered fish balls marinated in sea salt, vinegar, garlic and black pepper













The lady told me, she actually cut up fish and grind the fish meat and make these balls. And yes, I liked it.













Turon $2.50
Banana and jackfruit egg roll drizzled with creamy caramel, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds













I never had jackfruit before, but these were very tasty. It was sweet, crunchy outside.













Crepe'n Around food truck













Maple Braised Pork $6
gala apple chutney, honey dijon, vinaigrette, walnuts, mixed greens













I normally don't eat savory crepes, but I'm glad I tried. My Maple Braised Pork crepe was really good.













S'mores $6













garlic fries $3
Everybody loved these garlic fries













The Knockout Taco truck













menu


























Habanero albacore tataki $3.50
Apple, jicama & habanero salsa













Hawaiian tuna poke $4













Hawaiian tuna poke
cucumbers, red onion, togarashi & avocado







































Komodo food truck













meatballs with romesco sauce (5pcs) $5
Pork Meatballs topped with Spanish Red Bell Pepper Sauce













tasty. delicious













Mighty Boba truck













Grapefruit green tea boba $4.50
This tea was "flavor of the month" and that was a last day. It's not cheap, but they use good quality of the tea and my tea was delicious.













Sweets truck













I was gonna get these later, but it was all sold out when I came back later

























































http://twtvite.com/kavc2010

http://visitkoreatown.org/2010-koreatown-holiday-twitter-meetup/

No comments:
Write comments