Chi Dynasty - Studio City - Vegas and Food

Mar 26, 2012

Chi Dynasty - Studio City

 

Chi Dynasty is one of the well known Chinese restaurant in L.A. They have several locations and I was pretty excited to try this place. I liked the decor and also the service was great at this location.

I wish I could say I really enjoyed the food but unfortunately not. It's an Americanized Chinese food, nothing like the real good Chinese food you get at the hole in the wall places in Chinatown / Monterey Park area. And of course everything was overpriced. Um... vegetable egg rolls $7? Kung Pao beef $12? Lo Mein is $11? Are you kidding me? No wonder there were no Asian customers besides us. Well, actually the most customers here are the people in the Entertainment industry so they don't mind paying $7 for egg rolls, I guess.
You know what, I like Chinese food at hole in the wall joint, like this place.
















menu
















delicious tea













Sweet and Sour soup $3














Dim Sum sampler $6.75
Not recommended at all.













Yang Chow fried rice $8.25
Too much soy sauce.













Sesame chicken $12.75
Slice white meat lightly battered and stir-fried with ginger, garlic, and scallions in sweet and spicy pungent sauce. This is one of the popular dish. It was too sweet for our taste. I didn't wanna eat after 3 bites. we had so much leftover so I made salad and put those chicken over the salad, it was so much better than just eating chicken. I think they should serve this with salad or something.













Some kind of red bean dessert.














Rating: 2.8 / 5
Service: 5 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Chi Dynasty
12229 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
(818) 980-3888

Mon-Thu 11:30 am - 10 pm
Fri-Sat 11:30 am - 11 pm

http://www.chidynasty.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chi-dynasty-studio-city

 Chi Dynasty Studio City on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments