Silo Slider Bar - Downtown, L.A. - Vegas and Food

Mar 9, 2012

Silo Slider Bar - Downtown, L.A.

 

Silo slider bar just opened in downtown, across from the KFC. I was here on the opening day. This place was very busy, I actually saw so many people just left because they didn't get their food fast enough. In fact, we ended up waiting about 70-80 minutes, keep going back and forth, putting more coins on meter.
Well, at least the owners were very nice.

All the prices below are the regular prices. Because we were here on the opening day, all sides were $1, sliders were $2 each, and free samples of OG silo sliders.

I really enjoyed OG silo and sweet potato fries. You must get that. They put some honey on top of the sweet potato fries. It was crispy, sweet and yummy. I couldn't stop eating.




















Grilled red velvet caught my eye. I really wanted to eat it, but I didn't. They said it's $6.













menu













OG Silo $3.25 each
beef blend, Silo spread, grilled onions

Yes, they were giving away some free samples of this OG silo sliders. I really liked the bun.













Beer battered onion rings $3













Little Hercules $4 and sweet potato fries $3
lamb & beef blend, Greek salsa, feta, tzatziki













Red-headed veggie bed $3.25
seasonal grilled veggies with carrot ginger sauce & alfalfa sprouts













K-town mid drift $4
Marinated short rib, pickled radish, slaw, grilled green onion













My sliders. After 70 minutes wait.













Truffle $4
Silo beef blend, white truffle aioli, shallot crisps, grilled onions
Yes, I tasted truffle. I enjoyed it.













Dirty Hippie $4
Rice & black bean croquette, carrots, shallots with Thai peanut sauce

I didn't realized it's lettuce bun and no bread. I think they need to say so on the menu. The menu only says "vegan", at least need to mention "bunless" or "lettuce bun" or something. Also I wish there was one more lettuce on top of the rice, because it was really hard to eat, it was a big mess. The rice was falling apart. Also I didn't taste peanut sauce. Definitely not worth paying $4. I'm sorry to say this, but this needs to be improved.













Silo Volka bar next door. Pretty nice space.













Happy Hour menu










Rating: 3.7 / 5
Service: 3.7 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Silo Slider Bar
221 W 7th St
Los Angeles, CA 90014

(213) 221-7956

Mon-Sun 5pm - 2am

http://www.silosliderbar.com/
 
http://www.yelp.com/biz/silo-slider-bar-los-angeles

 Silo Vodka and Slider Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments