Dim Sum at Ocean Star - Monterey Park - Vegas and Food

Jun 17, 2013

Dim Sum at Ocean Star - Monterey Park

 

Ocean Star, very popular dim sum restaurant in Monterey Park. During the weekdays, it's only $1.98 ($2.38 on the weekends). No wonder why this place is so popular. The place is extremely busy during lunch time on the weekends. I arrived here little before 11:30am and there were 1-2 tables open so I didn't have to wait to get seated. However, after me and my friend sat down, no one came to our table, we waited about 10 minutes. Usually when you are at the dim sum restaurant, you sit down and the lady pushing the cart will be there right away.

I thought the food was just ok. This place is popular because of the prices, not the food. If I want good dim sum, I'd go somewhere else.




























Finally the cart is here


























clams














soup












sesame ball












shumai












steamed bun












har gow












tofu dessert
I didn't like it at all












shrimp balls















Rating: 3.4 / 5 
Service:
2.5 / 5
Repeat:
Maybe

Ocean Star Seafood Restaurant
145 N. Atlantic Blvd. #201-203
Monterey Park, CA 91754

(626) 308-2128

Dim Sum & Lunch - 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Dinner Service - 3:30 am to 10:00 pm

http://www.oceanstarrestaurant.com/home.htm

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ocean-star-restaurant-monterey-park

Ocean Star on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments