Yaki-Kui - Canyon Country - Vegas and Food

Jan 25, 2008

Yaki-Kui - Canyon Country

 

Yaki-Kui in Canyon Country, California. This was in 2007. To me, this place is like a copy store of Gyu-Kaku except this place has all you can eat. We were here for dinner buffet, $19.95 each. Total $43.19. If you think about ordering individually, it's good deal, but I'm not sure if this food is worth $20 each. I wasn't so happy about what I got. Gyu-kaku tastes much better than here, of course. I had to say this because the owner actually said to me that he thinks Gyu-kaku tastes so-so and he thinks Yaki-Kui tastes better. I'm sorry, but I don't think so.

The only things that tasted fine here were the salad and the white rice. Also the server and the owner were friendly. I don't remember so much but I think I didn't like their marinade. Especially for chicken and pork. And I'm sorry to say this, but "I don't remember the tastes" means "I don't have to remember the tastes". If it's good food, I'll remember.


So here's all the food we ate. It doesn't look so like much food for all you can eat, but we were so full and I couldn't finish eating everything.



Tofu salad













Seafood salad













Gyoza
I must say this is not gyoza, this is deep-fried wontons.













Chicken yakitori, I think, though it looks like chicken teriyaki.
Whichever it is, I wasn't happy with this. Tasted very American Asian.













Tempura
I don't remember if it was good or not.













Sunomono
It's very different from what sunomono is supposed to be. It was like eating raw cabbage marinated in vinegar.













No flavor salmon













Pork







































Probably it's chicken




























Menu


















Here's some of the menus. You can also see the entire menu on their website.










































Yaki-Kui Japanese B.B.Q.
19158 Solidad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Country,CA 91351

(661) 252-1002

www.japaneserestaurantscv.com

Yaki Kui on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments