Pagoda Inn - Northridge, CA - Vegas and Food

Jul 3, 2009

Pagoda Inn - Northridge, CA

 

Pagoda Inn in Northridge. It's OK for Americanized Chinese, but as real Chinese food, which is what I want, this place is not the place I wanna eat. I should just go to Monterey Park or that area for Chinese food, but it's kinda far from where we live.

I think most Chinese restaurants here in America are cooked so Americans would like the taste. I mean, they are opening restaurants in America, so of course they will try to make food so Americans would eat. Because Asia and America has completely different taste, if you just make real taste (some of the dishes) here in America, they wouldn't like it, that's why they start changing taste little more for Americans. If you think Panda Express is the real Chinese food (I'm sure nobody thinks so), they are not. They are Americanized.

What I wanna say is that I can't seem to find good Chinese restaurant here in America. I've had so many bad Chinese restaurants, but some of the readers disagree, that's because I grew up in Asia, but the readers who don't agree with me grew up in America and the readers have been eating Americanized Chinese food, and I'm not. That's the difference. On Yelp, most people seems to like this place, I think that's because they've been eating this type of Chinese food only in America since they grew up, that's why they like this taste. But I'm not.

Your taste depends on what you were eating when you were a child, whatever you were eating in childhood, that's the base for your taste.



Crispy Beef a La Szechwan $12.95


























Shrimp Chow Mein $7.95


























Rice, almond cookies, fortune cookies













Szechwan Wontons (12) $5.95
OK, the menu says 12, but I'm not sure if there were really 12 or not.







































menu
































Rating (food): 2.7/ 5
Rating (service): N/A
Repeat: No

Pagoda Inn
19348 Rinaldi St.
Northridge, CA 91326

(818) 368-0299

Open 7 days
Sun-Thur: 11:30am-9:30pm
Friday & Sat: 11:30am-10pm

http://pagodainn.com/


Yelp

Pagoda Inn on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments