Shibuya - MGM Grand, 2009 - Vegas and Food

Sep 9, 2009

Shibuya - MGM Grand, 2009

 

Shibuya at MGM Grand in April, 2009. This place is always busy, so you probably should make reservations. The food here is absolutely delicious. I love dessert here because they are so original and unique. The only thing is that service is slow and hard to get waiter because this place is always busy. Also a little pricey so we don't eat here unless it's comped.


CLICK HERE for pics from 2007.


Japanese tofu $18 (market price)
premium chilled tofu, traditional condiments, tofu skin chip, ginger infused broth














This was really fun. They imported this tofu from Japan, it's really soft. It was served in dried ice. Absolutely tasty and delicious. Highly recommended.














combination tempura $20
I like tempura here at Shibuya. I ordered this last time we ate here, too. This is what tempura should be. The batter is crunchy. If you are a fan of tempura, try this place.














Jidori chicken $25
kushiyaki breast & thigh, satsumaimo croquettes, shishito, lemon teriyaki














I love satsumaimo (Japanese yam), but I wasn't crazy about this croquette. But the chicken was delicious.














This is the wrong order of sushi that they brought us. I realized because I know what I'm ordering.














This is yellowtail roll, it didn't look so good to me, but taste was actually fine.














sushi from top: yellowtail $12, kanpyo roll $6, hirame nigiri $9

































creme brulee duo (marinated plum, apricot miso) $10














dessert sampler $12
This wasn't on the menu. I couldn't decided which desserts I wanted, and our waiter told us they also have a sampler. It's yuzu-momo, choco lychee, and mochi ice cream. See the dessert menu for description.




























menu in April, 2009


























dessert menu in April



















Rating (food): 5 / 5
Rating (service): 3.8 / 5 (slow service)
Repeat: Yes


Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm

(702) 891-3001

VISIT WEBSITE

Yelp

Shibuya (MGM Grand) on Urbanspoon

5 comments:
Write comments