Mobile Mash Up at Verdugo Bar - Los Angeles - Vegas and Food

Jun 5, 2010

Mobile Mash Up at Verdugo Bar - Los Angeles

 

I went to Mobile Mash Up at Verdugo Bar in Los Angeles today. There were 5 food trucks, Mandoline Grill, Lomo Arigato, Dainty cakes, Buttermilk, and Frysmith.

For overall, the food was good, but not amazing. I really wanted to get something from Buttermilk, but when I was ready to order, they told me that they are closing because they have to go to the other event. Oh well, next time.

Here's what I tried.

Mandoline Grill
So when me and my friend were trying to decide what to order, we heard they have tacos, and it's not on the menu so we decided to get tacos.













This is a grilled pork taco $2













spring rolls 2 for $4
It's different from Chinese or Japanese spring rolls.













This is my lemongrass tofu taco $2













2 fried tofu sticks, cucumber, carrots, cilantro, and...radish?





























Fry Smith













I ordered kimchi fries (with no cheese) $6
- kurobuta pork belly with kimchi, onions and cheese
What a crazy idea. It was fine, not bad at all, but I'm not sure if kimchi and fries are matching together. But I think I'm gonna try to make it at home. It was pretty big portion, we both couldn't finish eating all (I mean, yes, we did have some other food, too).













My friend ordered Rajas fries $6.50
- Angus steak marinated shawarma style with roasted poblano peppers, caramelized onions, jack cheese, lime and cilantro
The steak was peppery, there were also spinach under the steaks.













Dainty cakes













Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting













Vanilla x Vanilla, Vanilla x chocolate, coconut













Vanilla Vanilla and Red Velvet cupcakes $3 each
$3 for a cupcake!? Crazy. I liked vanilla ones better than red velvet. They were both little too sweet for me, but I still liked it.















にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ

人気ブログランキングへ

No comments:
Write comments