Katsuya - Downtown, Los Angeles - Vegas and Food

Nov 7, 2010

Katsuya - Downtown, Los Angeles

 

There are "Katsuya" and "Katsu-ya" restaurants. If you want better food, better service, original menu, then go to "Katsu-ya".

The service was very slow and it wasn't that crowded. I was looking at the menu around 6:30pm, then placed orders. Our first appetizer and drinks were served at 7:30pm. It usually takes 2 hours from start to finish at the steakhouse, but 3 hours at not so busy restaurant? Are you kidding me???
For the food, nothing outstanding.

the bar area







































menu





























sushi menu














cocktails menu


















White grapefruit cosmopolitan
Finlandia grapefruit vodka, cointreau, freshly squeezed lime juice and white cranberry juice













Sauteed shishito peppers $8
Not spicy as you think













Spicy albacore sashimi with crispy onion $16
A crunchy twist to albacore sashimi













Creamy rock shrimp $16
crispy bite-size rock shrimp tossed in chef's spicy creamy sauce













Kiwi scallops $16
Jumbo scallops on top of sliced kiwi with yuzu vinaigrette

7:40pm. I wouldn't say scallops + kiwi goes well together. Not for me.













Katsuya fresh
Krol vodka,Ty-ku sake, hand-crushed english cucumbers and freshly squeezed lime juice

8:30pm, I got my second drink. I wanted to order earlier, but couldn't get our waiter. My drink was very refreshing, just like that name.













Sea urchin $9, Salmon egg $6, Egg $5
8:50pm, we got our sushi. sushi was fine.













Sweet shrimp $8.50













Chocolate Cake
9:25pm, I got my dessert. They don't have dessert menu, just ask to your waiter.













French press coffee
I asked if they have cappuccino, and they said no, they have french press coffee so that's why I got this.













Rating (food): 3.5 / 5
Rating (service): 2.8 / 5
Repeat: not this location

Katsuya
800 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90015

(213) 747-9797

Mon-Thu 5:30 pm - 11 pm
Fri-Sat 5:30 pm - 2 am
Sun 5:30 pm - 10 pm

http://www.sbe.com/katsuya/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/katsuya-los-angeles-4


Katsuya on Urbanspoon

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ

人気ブログランキングへ

No comments:
Write comments