First & Hope - Downtown, Los Angeles - Vegas and Food

Nov 16, 2010

First & Hope - Downtown, Los Angeles

 

This is one of the place I've been wanted to come and I finally made it.
It was kinda hard to find this place. Also I think valet parking was $8.

When I looked at the menu, I was like.. oh well.. Because I can't eat cheese and half of their menu has cheese. Anyway, after looking at the menu for 5-10 minutes, I decided to order two appetizers and desserts. My appetizers were very small portion. Not big enough to share. But that was perfect for me because I didn't wanna eat too much plus I wanted to save some room for desserts.




























menu



















dessert menu



















Crabmeat Justine pot pie $13
crab gratin topped with buttery french toast

Delicious













Popcorn shrimp & grits $16
jumbo shrimp, heirloom tomato, popped corn cream sauce & creamy grits

I don't like grits, but that's because I only had instant grits before and they taste nasty. But these grits are different. They taste homemade and I actually liked it.













"All-about-the-cheese" Mac & cheese flight $18
From left:
Porter beer cheese, corkscrew pasta & rye croutons
Cypress grove goat cheese, conchiglie & popped corn
Fiscalini Xtra Mature cheddar, lasagnette & Ritz crackers













My friend ordered these and really liked them














Porky Pig banana split $11
Bacon & banana ice cream, Jalapeno hot fudge, brandied cherries & caramel pork rinds













This is the most unusual banana split I've ever had. Everything taste unique. I'm not sure if I'd order this again.













LAPD doughnut shake down $11
Boston cream pie doughnuts & chocolate dipping sauce with strawberry milkshake, strawberry compote & strawberry whipped cream














yummy. can't go wrong.



















Rating (food): 4 / 5
Rating (service): 3.8 / 5
Repeat: Yes

First & Hope
710 W 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90012

(213) 617-8555

Mon-Fri 11 am - 1 am
Sat-Sun 10 am - 1 am

http://www.firstandhope.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/first-and-hope-los-angeles

First & Hope on Urbanspoon

First and Hope in Los Angeles on Fooddigger

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ

人気ブログランキングへ

No comments:
Write comments