Blueberry gems - Vegas and Food

Feb 5, 2011

Blueberry gems

 

So I was looking for some recipes that using blueberries. Of course there are so many recipes for blueberry muffins or crumb cakes, but I wanted something different. From 1000's of recipes I have, I found this Blueberry gems recipe. I had no idea what "blueberry gems" is, so I googled, and basically it looks like mini muffins. Well, ok, it's muffins, but this recipe looks so healthier than other muffin recipes, no butter or no egg yolks, and I never made them before, so I decided to make them.

Because this recipe doesn't use butter, not so moist or buttery, of course. But low calories.





















I also put cinnamon sugar topping on some of the muffins.













I also made half of the batter in this Nordic Bundt Tea Cakes & Candies Pan









































Blueberry gems makes 35 / 35cal each

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
2/3 cup orange juice
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

1. Spray 36 muffin cups with nonstick spray coating. In a medium mixing bow stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a small mixing bowl beat together the egg whites, orange juice, oil, and vanilla. Add egg white mixture to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling each about 1/2 full.
3. Bake in a 400F oven about 17 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove from pan; cool slightly on wire rack. Serve warm.




No comments:
Write comments