Carrot Bread with Orange Glaze - Vegas and Food

May 31, 2012

Carrot Bread with Orange Glaze

 

One day, I bought lots of carrots and I wanted to make carrot bread. I found this low fat recipe online.
I can't remember since I made this about a month ago, but I think I used flax seed instead of the whole egg.
Also the original recipe says 8x5 inch pan, but mine didn't have enough portion of the dough for 8x5. I also cut down sugar a lot so it's not so sweet. But I'll suggest to use 1/2 cup just like the original recipe says.













recipe adapted from Clean Eating Mag

Carrot Bread with Orange Glaze   Makes 1 mini loaf

Olive oil cooking spray
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
1/4 cup sugar (original recipe use 1/2 cup)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1 Tbsp olive oil (original recipe use 2 Tbsp)

Orange Glaze 
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2.In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, carrots, currants, Sucanat, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; mix well.
3.Make a well in the center and add whole egg, egg white, oil and 3/4 cup water. Stir until flour is completely incorporated and batter is moistened.
4.Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack.
5.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine juice, honey and vanilla for the glaze. Pour over top of carrot bread and serve.

No comments:
Write comments