Eggless orange cornbread recipe - Vegas and Food

Nov 3, 2012

Eggless orange cornbread recipe

 

My eggless baking continue..I was craving for cornbread so I made it with no egg and no butter. I also reduced sugar.














I ate half before I take pics..














Made sandwich with ham and mayo













Recipe adapted from Priya's Versatile Recipes.


Eggless orange cornbread

1cup all purpose flour
1cup yellow cornmeal
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2cup orange juice
1tbsp orange zest
1cup yogurt
1/4cup sugar
sliced almonds

Preheat the oven to 350F, prepare the baking pan.
Mix flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, mix yogurt, orange juice and zest. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Pour the batter in the baking pan. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the batter and bake for 20-25minutes until the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.


No comments:
Write comments