Pumpkin Yogurt Bread recipe - Vegas and Food

Jan 11, 2013

Pumpkin Yogurt Bread recipe

 

I had store bought pumpkin puree and yogurt I wanted to use and I found this recipe. I reduced sugar from 1 cup to 1/2 cup and didn't use any oil. I also used dried fruits instead of walnuts. The bread was still sweet enough for me and it was delicious.



















Recipe adapted from The Avid Appetite

Pumpkin Yogurt Bread makes 1 loaf

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 egg
½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup dried cranberries and pineapple

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a bread loaf pan. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. With a mixer, combine the egg, sugar, yogurt, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the dried fruits. Pour into the bread pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:
Write comments