Fleur de Lys - Mandalay Bay - Vegas and Food

Aug 10, 2007

Fleur de Lys - Mandalay Bay

 

Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay. I got the $79 Prix Fixe menu (appetizer, entree, dessert) and my husband got the $89 Prix Fixe menu (appetizer, fish, meat, dessert).

My choice was Ahi Tuna Three Ways, Duo of Kurobuta Pork with Truffle Chicken Sausage, and Citrus Trio. My husband chose Terrine of Duck Confit and Yukon Gold Potato, Scallops, Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs, and Chocolate Feast. We also got amuse bouche.

Some of the food tasted very good, but some not. Half and half. Probably either you like it or you don't like it. I probably won't come back here. It was fun though. At least I enjoyed the food by looking and I can tell that chef is spending quality time to prepare the food.



bread













amuse bouche













Ahi Tuna Three Ways - seared with lobster essence, tartare with ginger, tarragon rillettes
One of them was delicious (I don't remember which one), but other ones were not. I wish I'd gotten crab cakes instead.













Terrine of Duck Confit and Yukon Gold Potato - foie gras torchon with brioche, frisee salad, truffle coulis













Pan-Seared Maine Diver Scallops - porcini lasagna, wild mushroom tea, black truffle chantilly cream
This dish was delicious.













Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs (boneless) - jumbo asparagus, applewood smoked bacon polenta, kaffir lime scented red wine sauce













My husband was amazed about this cherry tomato. The waiter explained how a sugar cube rubbed on an orange peel is melted over it.













Duo of Kurobuta Pork with Truffle Chicken Sausage - caramelized cippolini onion, sweet young carrots, English peas, five spice jusKurobuta was delicious, but sausage wasn't. The sausage didn't taste like sausage.













Lemon Creme Fraiche Panna Cotta from the Citrus Trio
It was good.













Orange and Grapefruit Tarragon Gelee, Citrus and Thyme "Tart", Mandarin Orange SorbetGelee and sorbet were good, tart was not my favorite.













Chocolate Feast - caramel milk chocolate and banana mille feuille, chocolate pound cake, chocolate pot de creme, dark chocolate vanilla sorbet, milk chocolate macadamia nut tartChocolate was very rich, to me, too much heavy chocolate.













amuse bouche













Fleur de Lys (Mandalay Bay) on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments