pasta with bacon and avocado sauce - Vegas and Food

Apr 15, 2012

pasta with bacon and avocado sauce

 

About a month ago, avocado was so cheap, like it was 20 cents each so I bought a lot. Since I never bought avocado or cooked avocado before, I had to find some recipes. While I was browsing internet, I found this recipe. After cooking avocado in may ways, I've learned one thing, you shouldn't cook avocado. Always eat raw because cooked avocado taste nasty.

I really enjoyed this pasta. I made 2-3 times already.















Pasta with bacon and avocado sauce   serves 1 

1 medium sized, ripe avocado, pitted
1/2 lemon juiced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup fresh basil
pasta
1-2 bacon
freshly ground black pepper, to taste


Bring several cups of salted water to a boil in medium pot. Add in pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Cook bacon and cut into pieces. Make the sauce by placing garlic cloves and lemon juice into a food processor. Process until smooth. Add in the avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour sauce and bacon over pasta. Mix and eat!



Recipe adapted from http://www.joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/

No comments:
Write comments