Chaya Venice - Venice - Vegas and Food

Nov 6, 2011

Chaya Venice - Venice

 

After reading so many things about Dungeness crab fair at Chaya Venice, I really wanted to try it. It's kind of funny, because if the Churchill wasn't packed, I wasn't here. I was like, "ok, the churchill seems to be packed. ok, what do we do? how about chaya in venice?" "ok, call to see if the tables are open" "yes, open". "ok, let's go". So glad this place is open until 12am. Although I was kind of disappointed with the food. The service was great though.

When we arrived, this place was packed, I saw only 1-2 tables open. Yes, I recommend to make reservation. Oh, and because this place is really close to the beach, it was REALLY cold.

















Dungeness crab fair 10/24-11/6, 2011
I wanted to try all of them, but because of my friend can't eat crab, I only ordered two things.


















Full menu is available on the website.

sushi menu













dessert/coffee menu



















Pomegranate martini $10
Chaya infusion/pomegranate liqueur/cranberry juice/sweet & sour

I started off with this pomegranate martini. recommended. It was good.













complimentary bread with olive oil













Clam chowder bread bowl $14
I thought this gonna be a size of side dish, but it was a big bowl. Well, it's $14. Just this will be enough portion for the lunch. We liked it.













Tamago $4, Tsubugai $6
Not the place I'd get sushi













Crab Asian crepe (from crab fair menu) $15
Savory blend of jalapeno, onion & crab with thai red curry sauce & micro cilantro













It was different from what I expected, since it says "crepe", I thought it's more like savory crepe. This is more like Korean style pancake with creamy sauce on top. Although the taste was good.













Lobster-shrimp ravioli $20
Basil-pesto cream sauce

Unfortunately my friend didn't like it at all, we both tasted each piece of ravioli, and I told our waiter, we don't like it. We returned it, ordered Arrabbiata instead. It was fine for me, but I wouldn't pay $20 for it.













Raspberry Mojito $10
Rum/Fresh mint/Fresh lime juice/Raspberry liqueur

I think I'm start realizing, I don't think I like my drinks with rum. I only had 1/3.


















Crab gnocchi (from crab fair menu) $23
Yukon potato gnocchi over sauteed spinach with pumpkin coconut milk lemongrass sauce, crispy arare crab

I asked for no ricotta. Each piece of gnocchi was big, like scallop. I like it. This was a heavy dish. I couldn't finish eating (Of course I already had all other food above).













Fusilli Arrabbiata with sauteed shrimp$19
Pasta was normal (in good way).













Banana Banana Banana $9
Warm banana tart/Banana ice cream whipped with mixed berries /Frozen choco covered banana
warm tart + cold ice cream = yummy. Chocolate covered banana was very frozen.













I thought Chaya is more like Asian fusion, but I guess not? Pretty much everything we ate was more like Italian.


Rating: 3.6 / 5
Service: 4 / 5
Repeat: Yes
Parking: Yes (on the back, I think it was $3 with validation)

Chaya Venice
110 Navy St
Venice, CA 90293

(310) 396-1179

Mon-Fri 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Mon-Sat 5 pm - 12 am
Sun 5 pm - 10 pm

http://www.thechaya.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chaya-venice-venice

Chaya Venice on Urbanspoon

にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ
人気ブログランキングへ

No comments:
Write comments