Home made Japanese sticky rice okowa - Vegas and Food

Jan 16, 2020

Home made Japanese sticky rice okowa

 

I made Japanese sticky rice recently and I decided to share with you. Usually you use carrots, gobo, konnyaku, etc but since all I had was spinach, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms, that's what I used.

Always make sure to wash your rice before you cook until water is clear!

Sweet rice 1.5 / add 3+ cups water as shown
Add:
Hondashi powder (or use real dashi broth)
sake 1.5Tbsp  
mirin 1.5tsp 
sugar 1.5 tsp
soy sauce 1.5 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp

FYI, In Japan, every single household has hondashi at home. We use this to any kind of Japanese food. It's easy and convenient if you wanna quick dashi flavor, HOWEVER, another word of hondashi is MSG. Yup, that's right. It's MSG. 
So for your health, I don't really recommended to use it often.
Cook
Done



Original recipe:
https://erecipe.woman.excite.co.jp/detail/4fe46b03c9e64ec0faed49472b57b5a6.html

No comments:
Write comments