Kanpai Japanese sushi bar and grill - Westchester - Vegas and Food

Aug 25, 2013

Kanpai Japanese sushi bar and grill - Westchester

 

I came here on Monday, around 7pm. Monday shouldn't be so crowded but I saw people waiting outside. Oh boy, well, I went inside to find out how long the wait. Lucky me, there were two seats open. I sat down immediately. But because it was really busy, we didn't get the menu for 5 minutes. We didn't get the server for a while. The service wasn't very good. Although I liked most of the food. Also the sushi chef was keep forgetting our orders. I guess he was too busy chatting with a group of girls who were sitting next to me.





























Sushi pizza $7.50
Baked crab, scallop, shrimp and salmon over sushi rice and seaweed
I loved it. It's like Dynamite (baked mayo/seafood ) on top of sushi.












Shumai (shrimp dumplings) $9
Steamed shrimp dumpling served with special soy and mustard
Tasted just like Ajinomoto or Nissui frozen shumai which I love.













Mirugai (Jumbo clam) $10, Albacore $6












Tamago (egg) $4, Black tobiko $4.8













Seared salmon sushi $6.50













Katsuo (bonito) sushi $7
Not recommended.












Seared sorbet tuna $8













Chashu toast $6.50
One of my favorite of all. Delicious.













Fresh Iwashi (sardine) sushi $6
I didn't like it at all. It's like eating liver. 













Tai (snapper) sushi $7












Trio potato salad $7.50
I think one was curry, one was regular, and one was spicy.











Creamy blue crab roll $9.50
Meh













Ebiyaki stick $7
It's shrimp version of takoyaki (octopus balls)













Nameko (mushroom) miso soup $3.50












Dessert menu













I ordered "Rising sun" but they told me, I was 3 minutes late, just sold out. Damn.. I told them, "well, I was waiting like 5 minutes for the waiter". Anyways, ok, I also wanted to eat parfait so ordered "green tea parfait". But I asked for sesame ice cream instead of green tea ice cream. Normally they charge extra for sesame ice cream but they didn't this time.

Parfait with black  sesame ice cream $8.5
red bean, mochi, corn flakes, cookies, whip cream














Rating: 3.8 / 5
Service: 3 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Kanpai Japanese sushi bar and grill
8325 Lincoln Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045

(310) 338-7223

Mon-Fri 11:30 am - 1 am
Sat-Sun 12 pm - 1 am

http://www.kanpai-sushi.net/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/kanpai-japanese-sushi-bar-and-grill-los-angeles

Kanpai Sushi Bar and Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments