Marugame Monzo - Little Tokyo - Vegas and Food

Apr 15, 2013

Marugame Monzo - Little Tokyo

 

This place used to be EAST Japanese restaurant, then changed to Fat Spoon, and now it's Monzo.
Now you can have delicious Authentic homemade Japanese udon noodles in Los Angeles. I usually don't feel like going to noodle shops but when I saw some photos of this place and the fact they actually make udon, I had to try it. I feel sorry for people waiting in line at Daikokuya because there is such a delicious noodle place right next door. It seems like I haven't been to Daikokuya since 2006. I wonder if they are still good.. or not.

Anyway, this place, Monzo didn't disappointed me. The noodle was "shiko shiko", good koshi and using good bonito flakes.  It was simple and delicious. If you never had homemade udon, you shold try it. You'll see the difference.
















They do have some original creative udon but I recommend to just order basic.













Cold Udon with grated daikon radish and special soy sauce $7.95













Plum shiso bukkake udon $8.95












Tempura - Chikuwa fishcake $1.25, Kakiage $2.50, Jidori soft-boiled egg $1.50












Tempura was all good but my favorite was fishcake.













Rating: 4.6 / 5
Service: 4 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Marugame Monzo
329 E 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 346-9762

Mon-Sun 11:30 am - 10 pm

http://www.yelp.com/biz/marugame-monzo-los-angeles-2

Marugame Monzo on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments