Picca - Los Angeles - Vegas and Food

Apr 22, 2013

Picca - Los Angeles

 

Picca has been on my yelp bookmark for a while. Since I really enjoyed Mo-Chica, I had to try this place out. I didn't have any reservations but I guess I was lucky, they had some seats open at the counter and the bar area. All tables were already booked so I couldn't get tables.

"At Picca, Chef Ricardo Zarate serves modern Peruvian cuisine with a Japanese flair. You’ll discover over 50 refined Peruvian dishes designed to be passed around the table.

In 2011, Chef Zarate was awarded the title of Best New Chef in America by Food & Wine Magazine. His first restaurant, Mo-Chica, serves authentic Peruvian food inside the Mercado la Paloma."















drink menu


















food menu














Inca Kola $4












Anticucho Corazon. $8
Beef heart, rocoto-walnut pesto
It sounds kinda gross eating beef heart, but it was tasty and I loved it.












Santa Barbara Prawns (daily special)
It was really fresh and delicious.












Chicha morada $3
homemade peruvian purple corn
Way too sweet for me. Didn't like it.












Zapallo $8
kabocha squash, sweet miso












Papa rellena $9
stuffed potato,slow-cooked beef, boiled egg, rocoto-walnut pesto












rocoto-walnut pesto












Inside. beef and boiled egg inside












Bisteck a lo pobre $17
skirt steak, fried egg, pan-fried banana, garbanzo tacu tacu













Vanilla bean pisco flan $9
Flan was rich and creamy with vanilla bean flavor. As you can see, they use lots of vanilla bean. But I'm not sure if I wanna pay $9 for this.













Rating: 3.8 / 5
Service: 3.7 / 5
Repeat: Yes

Picca
9575 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
(310) 277-0133

Mon-Sun 6 pm - 11 pm

http://www.piccaperu.com/ 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/picca-los-angeles-2

Picca Peruvian Cantina on Urbanspoon

No comments:
Write comments